Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 6 -- Tongue Moss
Two more days to go! I wonder if this fuzzy crap on my tongue will go away once I stop drinking the milk?

From what I learned studying Shiatsu about the art of tongue diagnosis in Chinese medicine, this one 'o mine showing itself here points to some liver/gallbladder meridian issues. The thickness (it's usually not that wide!) and the spottiness are the key signs. Thick coating in general is excess dampness and phlegm (don't I know it!). The scalloped edges suggests some spleen issues as well.

If I could see toward the back and in the middle, that's the intestines. Last time I looked it was even more thickly coated.
The middle (note the two deep lines) denote the stomach and spleen meridians. Here's a handy diagram if you're curious.

What does all this mean? I'm gettin clean and my organs are working hard!


Reminds me as well that once the milk cleanse is over, then comes the liver/gallbladder cleanse -- so the Doctor will be checking my tongue again in July to see how strictly I'm following the diet. It's gonna be harder than the milk cleanse: no diary, eggs, butter, milk, heated oil, nuts, seeds...IN ADDITION..no yeast, sugar, fermented foods or vinegar. What's left you ask? I'll soon find out. A consult before July is in order to help me figure out what exactly I CAN eat.

Good news is I'm almost up to three craps/day -- without having to increase the colon builder! Yay! Let's hope it stays that way now. Discussing crap brings out interesting facts: like where the name crap comes from. Thomas Crapper! Kind of. He's a British bloke who invented the ballcock. (Get your mind outta the gutter! It's that floater that helps fill the toilet bowl and tank in most toilets). But of course etymologists will tell you different. Aabout the crapper, that is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper












No comments:

Post a Comment