Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 2 -- COFFEE, yes! I can have 1 cup in the morning with cream and honey.

I LOVE the smell of coffee but don't drink it normally -- it tears up my stomach. But with all this milk, and some welcome variety, I thought I'd give it a whirl. Just finished the cup with no side effects! Except a warm fuzzy feeling of tasty, lightly sweetened hot liquid. MMMmmmm.

As I gulp down the colon builder herbal formula along with the regular parasite herbal formula -- and milk --  (did I tell you I hate pills?), I'm inspired by those who have reached out with "Likes" and words of support! Thank you Elyssa, Jessica, Jackie, Lisa D (TX), and Rachel!

This morning I was also thinking about some people in Africa: the Masai and two amazing musicians from Mali.






Masai herder







First, the Masai: did you know they drink cow's milk? Yeah, a LOT of it. A litre/day. And not even what us westerners are used to -- they drink it fermented as buttermilk. Imagine drinking that much buttermilk/day? So, yeah, I can drink my wussy refrigerated homogenized whole milk for a mere 7 days, no problem.


Jah Youssouf & Bintou Coulibaly and family

Listen & buy the album to help raise funds for their safety in Mali!


http://tallcornmusic.bandcamp.com/album/sababou









Second, two incredible musicians from Mali, Jah Youssouf and Bintou Coulibaly need your help. My friend, Brad who visited Mali several years ago recorded them and released their album (digitally AND on vinyl, people!) this year. Here is a message from Brad I received yesterday: As many of you may know, there has been a military coup in Mali and things have gotten quite chaotic and treacherous there. Making ends meet as a musician in Mali is difficult in the best of times so you can imagine how trying things might become when the basic fabric of society starts to breaks down.  Tall Corn, our record label, and I sent Jah and his family $400 a few months ago with proceeds from album sales.  I really want to believe in the power of music to help directly in people's lives so I am making a special plea to you all to raise some additional funds through the purchase his album.

You may listen to and purchase MP3s here: http://tallcornmusic.bandcamp.com/album/sababou

No comments:

Post a Comment