Monday, May 28, 2012

DAY 3 -- Flowers and Shit

Well, I was hoping for some scatology talk only because with the cleanse, I'm supposed to take 3 craps a day. Dunno about you, but that's a lot for me. Haven't made it there yet. Can't say that I'm looking forward to sitting on the proverbial throne that many times.

But the COFFEE is helping! 2nd day of drinking coffee and it is no wonder people get hooked to this stuff. What's your favorite organic black coffee that would taste good with cream and honey? I'm all ears!

On a more visually stimulating note, the peonies at Steven's mom's house are in bloom! What great timing -- this flower was named after Paeon, a student of the Greek god of healing. I'll skip the part of the story where said Greek god becomes jealous of his student, though.

Speaking of timing, I just ran across this article published in the journal of Cell Metabolism that when you eat is just as important as what you eat. Could not agree more as I'm trying to get the shit schedule right. Check it out here

Speaking of eating, I really miss it. Just smelling foods -- even those that aren't part of my diet normally, is torture. It's not that I'm hungry -- milk does a good job filling me up...
But variety is the spice of life. Hmmmmmm spices.

But I did get some variety in finally finding some Goat's milk. Luckily there was a small farmers market in downtown Port Jeff. They had one more bottle left -- organic, and pasteurized too! Tastes like cow's milk but slightly more tangy and soft. Wish it was easier to find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment