Sunday, June 10, 2012

Whew, busy couple days of cooking, working -- and Sound/Music Institute class this weekend. A quick update on what the Dr said: my body is trying to balance out from milk - solid food, so what I'm experiencing is normal. BUT, if I continue with the constipation, she recommended a colonic. Never gotten one of those, so any suggestions there from anyone who has gotten one? I'm giving it a couple more days before I make an appointment with who she recommended.
So here's the run down of what I've made since last I posted.


Spinach, potato, leek parsnip sauteed in garlic ginger curry spice with rice. LOVED this one. Have to try to make it again.
Then it was parsnips, asparagus, potatoes and shrimp with garlic and leeks over quinoa during the Sound Music Institute weekend. Not too bad! And definitely more filling. I think I'm getting the hang of it.
In the fridge is acorn squash and kale over rice (had that today -- the crushed pepper, paprika, salt and pepper really make this one). I think it needs some kind of bean added to it though.
OK are you ready for this one? Steven's mom insisted she make chicken soup from scratch since I was worried about losing too much weight. After some cajoling, I told her I would try it IF she could find free range chicken without hormones or antibiotics. She went a step further and found some vegetarian chicken. Yeah, I know, what an oxymoron, but I'd rather know that what I'm about to eat didn't eat ground up bones of other chickens in their feed.
So I just ate some. Chicken soup with rice noodles and carrots, onions (cooked waaay down to nothing), celery and garlic. I was not brave enough to eat the chunks of chicken. Maybe I'll work up to that one.
YES, it was good! I got a spike of energy right after I ate it AND my bowels moved! Maybe I won't need the colonic after all :)

I'll also be doing another thing that I think helped today with moving the bowels: toning. It's something I've been studying in the sound/music institute. Making different sounds or tones with your voice activate different parts of the body. For those that know about yogic philosophy, those parts would be called chakras. There's one that corresponds to the lower abdomen, where the intestines are housed. That sound is LAM in some traditions and HUM in others. In Siliva Nakkach's Yoga of the Voice workshop, she expresses that these sounds are seed syllables, and are not always fixed on a certain part of the body; it depends on the intention and context. Today we also got to hear a classmate play the digeridoo. I really feel those low swirling bass vibrations helped move things along, too. I actually felt some gas move while listening to it! This guy can really make some amazing sounds come out of it. I highly recommend going to one of his workshops and/or performances to experience it for yourself (regardless if you need to move some gas).


No comments:

Post a Comment