Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Well, I did it. The colonic. As a first timer, I gotta say that I expected to feel ten million times lighter. And in a sense, I definitely felt better. But hell, I had a LOT of gas. I feel like I still do, though it's not as heavy nor painful. A lingering feeling if you will. Who knows, maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and evacuate the rest and feel like flying. The process was very far from comfortable. Don't know if I'll ever do it again. It was a little like someone taking a vacuum cleaner -- no, a room temperature steam cleaner -- on a low setting in reverse and using it to massage my insides. And then flicking the setting to high at times. Ugh. Crampy, bloated feeling followed by a bit of pressure release over and over again. I'm not convincing anyone here to get one, huh?

One of the many buddah statues at the Nectar House!

This past weekend I met up with some old friends in Kingston, NY (20 mins from Woodstock). We rented a house (The Nectar house) for the weekend for much needed catching up and rest. Keeping to the diet was not so bad, but MAN, the delicious baked goods from my pastry chef friend (she totally held back, even!) was so hard to resist. But resist I did, despite the glowing reactions from the swiss chard pie (drool). And the cocktails they made, whew! Lots of fresh juices. Those were actually easier to resist. One friend even made moonshine blueberry/cucumber/agave popsicles (for me without the booze and agave).
Here's some pics of what I made/refashioned for my food limitations:


Variation on the potato/spinach bowl --
this time I used quinoa's cousin, 
kaƱiwa ( pronounced kah-nyee-wah)     


Breakfast tostadas -- w/ handmade corn tortillas 


getting ready to grill some corn by the pool!
No oil or butter -- they were FANTASTIC
Pair that with some grilled talapia

And you have this bundle of goodness

It was really hard to come back to the city!



No comments:

Post a Comment