Sunday, July 29, 2012

The moment we've all been waiting for -- YES, I am parasite-free!!! Yipee!!! Whew, the milk cleanse and all the food restrictions for the past two months have paid off. My energy is significantly better, according to the doctor. Best of all, those pesky parasites are gone. Now I'm just dealing with their aftermath.

The gas and bloating still linger, annoyingly, but the doc thinks it's because I still am dealing with fungus/candida overgrowth. My liver is still a bit congested, so I'm having trouble moving all the toxins that have built up, creating the fungal party. So it's time to shut down this party!

I await the next program in the mail - one that includes another round of Olive Leaf Extract and some more pills/tinctures (hopefully more tinctures than pills). But this time with the following things added back:
  • Cooked oil
  • EGGS
  • Alcohol (distilled only -- time for the Mexican Martini)
  • Sunflower seeds
I'm so excited to come up with some more recipes with these things! I'm also to add more vegetables and squash, as well as rotate the protein between chicken and fish. Oh boy, this pescatarian is going need help with the chicken.

So, here's what I had tonight, in hopes to inspire me to get through the next two months of more liver/candida cleanse program.


Salmon with leeks and lemon zest, grilled asparagus, acorn squash and sticky rice
with aduzki beans (beans and rice courtesy of Steven's mom!)

Last but not least, I think I found one of the culprits of the gas and bloating -- the oat milk I've been having with cereal has 19 grams of sugar (what?! how did I misread that?). So that much sugar everyday when I'm not supposed to be having ANY sugar. Well, we'll see in the next couple days if that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment