Monday, July 23, 2012

It's the home stretch until I find out if I got rid of the parasites! My appointment is Friday with the doctor. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up too much, even though I keep dreaming of ice cream (coconut bliss sweetened with agave, mind you) and wine. And looking forward to trying to make that Mexican Martini I had in Austin. Something tells me I'm not going to be able to go back to ALL the foods I used to eat.

But as long as I have the motivation to cook stuff like this (no oil was used cooking this!):
Salmon with roasted beats, beet greens, carrots on a bed of quinoa,
I think I'll be OK for a bit longer.

Since the last post, the intestinal gas has not gotten any better. In fact, it got worse when taking the homeopathic remedy the doctor prescribed to take until Friday (nux vomica). I stopped taking it and it has evened out a bit. It became a really odd type of bloating -- distention that felt like it extended all the way to my solar plexus. What helped, besides not taking the nux vomica, was going to this breathing class on Sunday, with audio accompaniment by the Gameltron.

The Gamelatron!

What is the Gameltron, you ask? Its website calls it "the marriage of Balinese sonic and ritual tradition with modern robotics. The video interview from Wired magazine does not do it justice! The composition creator Tayler Kuffner premiered during the class went beautifully with Baja native Peter Domecq's Dynamic Hatha Yoga breathing exercises. These exercises can be quite challenging and with the undulating rhythms of the Gamelatron, flowing much like the wave of breath in the ideal state(s) of the exercise -- sometimes chaotic, sometimes soothing  -- really aid in being with what's happening in the moment. Imagine lying down, out-breaths like a sigh, in-breaths happening naturally, with no pauses. It's harder than it sounds.
Much like my experience with the didgeridoo, it got some things moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment